Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gobble Gobble #1

Gobble, Gobble  is a terrific single stamp in the Holiday Mini.  And it's just the right size to sandwich one of the few leftover peppermint patties I used in my Halloween spiders.  When I mounted this stamp, I cut off the words and mounted the words on the side of the wood block.  The turkey is mounted as usual.  I started off by using markers to color in the turkey, and though that provides a lovely turkey, it is very fast.  So, I initially inked the turkey in More Mustard, used the Rock N Roll technique in Ruby Red.  Using a somewhat dry aquapainter, I quickly removed the color from the body and used a soft suede marker to just color in the body of the turkey.  Much more my speed.  Guess I'll have to buy 2 more bags of peppermint patties just to make 10 or so of the turkeys...make one, eat one...make one, eat one...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails