Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halloween Water Color







My good friend, Nancy, asked me to post a few Halloween ideas.  So now that it is October 6, I thought I better get busy.  I used a Texturz plate on the Not Quite Navy card base.  I softly sanded the dry embossing with a sanding block and it looks like the embossing pops off the card a little more.  I love water coloring for Halloween.  And even better, one piece of SU!'s watercolor paper fits both the larger images from the House of Haunts set.  Using aqua painters and markers, I saturated the watercolor paper.  I used my heat tool to quickly dry the watercolor paper, stamped my image in versamark ink and heat embossed using the black powder.  My other favorite way to add a greeting is to stamp directly onto ribbon or use rub-ons on ribbon.  This greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is stamped directly onto the Old Olive ribbon in the Mistle Toe Collection from the Holiday Mini.  I hope my daughter will be happy to receive this card and a few other Halloween treats (see tomorrow's post) in her first college Halloween care package.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails