Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sweet Centers for Sweet Roommates


I made this pair of cards using the Sweet Centers stamp set.  These cards are intended for Avery and her roommate in College Park.  A quick tip: punch the 1 3/4" circle in the white layer first.  Then punch the next immediate layer, and so on.  This will allow for easy alignment of the circles when layering.  After adhering the treat cup to the white layer, I added the designer paper.  I also used the stamp-a-ma-jig and vellum to line up the balloon basket.

Now, Hilary was watching me make these cards and asked, "Do you have to rip up the card to get the treats?"  That got me to thinking and I had seen various options from other stampers to preserve the card, but I needed something quick and easy.  (I like quick and easy;)  So before adhering the decorative front pieces to the ballet blue card base, I punched a 3/4" circle (large enough to insert the candy) in the front of the card base.  Then covered the opening with the leftover 1 3/4" circle of designer paper.  No destroying a wonderfully made card just to get to the chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails